Wednesday 23 January 2013

Motivational affirmations.

I love positive affirmations. I use them daily. I write them on sticky notes and place them all around the house. The most important ones are always next to my bed so I see them when I wake up. For me, affirmations centre and ground me and make my energy for the day a lot clearer. 

Yesterday I went with my sister and my niece to the factory outlet stores. They were visiting us from interstate and it is one of my sisters favourite places to go when she comes to stay. I have been to those shops a lot since we have lived in Melbourne and they always have the same shops within but this visit, there was a new outlet store. It was Kaisercraft! I love dabbling in nearly all crafts but there are a few that I am not very good at like scrap-booking and card making (which is what Kaisercraft sell). Anyway, while walking around Kaisercraft, I decided I might give paper craft another go. And because everything was so cheap, I just had too!

So I picked up these items and had a plan in my head...


A DIY hanging plaque - 3 pieces, some pretty scrap booking paper and some rub on motivation quotes.

I started by tracing around the plaques onto the pretty paper and then cut them out.


I then glued the pretty paper onto the plaques. I then found some coloured paper (cream, pink and red) that I had bought for the kids a long time ago, chose which quotes I wanted to use and then rubbed them onto the cream paper. I stuck the cream paper with the quote onto the pink paper and then onto the red paper and used some fancy squiggle scissors to cut it out. 


After that, I glued the quote onto the plaque, grabbed some lovely yellow ribbon to tie the plaques together and this is the final result.


It cost me under $12 and I completed it in one afternoon. These quotes definitely motivate me and make me smile. I love it!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You lucky thing to have a Kaisercraft outlet... I know they have a warehouse in Geelong. I LOVE their papers and have lots of their stamps too. Your hanging is just awesome. You chose gorgeous papers. Try making a card now.... just a smaller version of one of your affirmations.

    ReplyDelete