Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Year....


Hope you all had wonderful celebrations over the festive season. Ours, as always, was a busy one and now we need a bigger house after the tonnes of presents the kids received.

When the new year ticks around, I usually make a huge resolution list and then put it somewhere safe. By May, I have lost the list and forgotten what is even on it. This year, I am not making any resolutions. I am just going to promise myself to try and be as healthy as I can and to enjoy the ups and downs that this year will bring.

Please don't think that I am starting this year with negativity by saying downs, I'm a realist and as Nick is entering the Army in less than 2 weeks (will be away initially for 3 months), I know there will be downs but I am going to look at the silver lining and buy a bottle of wine or two...maybe lots more :)

Anyways, also this year I am going to keep myself busy by crafting. My goal is 100 projects this year. 100 projects in 52 weeks. That's roughly 2 a week. Totally do-able and I have even done 2 already this year and we are only on the 4th day. Yay me! I will post about those 2 projects in the next few days.

Also, today is my Nana's birthday....Happy Birthday Nana! I will bake you a nice cake when you arrive home from NZ :)


Thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

2 comments:

  1. Great goal Vicky. You'd easily do this. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've already done 3 cards so far and one pair of shoes.... yes. I've finished Chelsea's shoes. Will post next week after you get to see them for real! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed looking thru your post at your sewing projects. I love to sew and I'm planning on sewing more this winter. My daughter-in-law and son gave me some cute material and a cupcake pin cushion pattern for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete